At Cudgen Headland SLSC lifesaving is at the heart of what we do and we encourage our members to participate in patrolling duties. Members are given the opportunity to further their skills or pass on their lifesaving knowledge to others.
Cudgen Headland SLSC is one of the most popular Far North Coast beaches for families, surfers, beach goers, locals and visitors alike. Volunteer lifesavers in red and yellow, patrol the beach and keep people safe all through summer.
CUDGEN HEADLAND PATROL OPERATIONS MANUAL
Patrol times are generally: 9:00 – 1.00, 1.00 – 4:00 and in NSW School Holidays 9:00 – 1.00, 1.00 – 5:00
- All patrolling members are required to meet their patrol requirements as per the Club roster.
- Please turn up on time. The time listed on your roster is the time that patrol is on the beach set up including the IRB, so arrive approx 20-30 minutes prior to start.
- All members should share the responsibility of setting up and packing away.
- All members must wear full patrol uniform, patrol cap, patrol DHL shorts. You should also bring sunglasses, hat sunscreen and water. All patrol members must sign on and off with your captain
- You are required to be proficient by the 31st December.
- You are required to be financial by 30th September.
- If you need to leave patrol for any reason you must advise your patrol captain.
Please see the table below for yearly updates to patrol obligation changes or new patrolling methods.
All Patrol inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Below are the patrols and respective captains for the 2023/24 season. Links to your team and patrol dates can be viewed as a PDF in a new window by clicking the Team Name and you can contact your captain by clicking on their name.
ROSTERS: This year you will be able to download an ICS Calendar of your Patrol Roster to your phone or computer by going to your Members Portal > Under your Roster View > click on View Full Roster > click on Download Calendar or here.
Need a Patrol Sub?
Browse to https://members.sls.com.au and login. Select Patrols > Patrol Roster, find the patrol you need a Sub for and click “I need a substitute” .
Need to Make Up a Patrol?
Browse to https://members.sls.com.au and login. Select Patrols > Patrol Swap, find a patrol that you are able to do and click “I can do this” .
|Flying Fish||Cody Bell|
|Manta Rays||Hayley Smith|
|Old Salts||David Rope|
|Sea Gulls||Douglas Fewtrell|